They've gotten pricey (the two above sold at Brunk for $2,800), but antique mannequins can be glorious. More often than not, the less literal, the more beautiful they seem.
1. Wooden head with glass eyes sold at Skinner for $550
2. Mannequin with iron shoes sold at Dirk Soulis for $400
3. detail of French artist's mannequin sold at Wiedersham for $500
4. Nursing teaching mannequin sold at Slotkin for $400
5. Detail of Victorian child mannequin
6.One of a pair of glove mannequins sold at Skinner for $1,000
7. Early wooden mannequin from Morphy sold for $550