Photographer Mark Laita's astounding , Serpentine, A Collection of Images of the Seductive and Mythological Snake is due out this Fall. Take a look at the patterns, colors and elegant form of one of the earth's most feared, revered, admired and detested creatures:
British Victorian Royal Artillery Sabretache via Jackson's
We ran across some uniforms of victorian british artillery officers and were amazed by the artful embroideries and sharp reds and blues- the rough and tumble soldier also has an eye for ornamentation it seems:
One of our favorite auction houses, Pook & Pook is holding a discovery auction tomorrow of various American and Continental decorative arts. It's a competitive bid, but there are some amazing pieces...
1. Silk on linen sampler, dated 1856, in period stenciled frame
2. Sheraton two-drawer chest, ca. 1829, retaining an old red surface
3. American hooked rug, early 20th c.
4. Painted hard pine corner cupboard, Early 19th c.
5. Composition Greiner doll, 19th c.
6. Pennsylvania half spindle-back settee, 19th c.
7. Animated mohair rabbit squeak toy, late 19th c.
8. Pine pie safe, 19th c., with punched tin panels
We hunt for precious finds. Objects that represent timeless beauty and tell stories of time and place, taste and utility, integrity and influence. We're passionate about expanding our visual vocabulary and gather indigenous palettes, textures and forms that provide us with inspiration and application for our everyday lives. We will tell you narratives through the images we capture along the way—stories about process, composition, adjacencies, and the emotional energy created by brilliant design.